Visitor restrictions due to COVID-19
To keep our patients, team members and community safe, face masks are required at all visits and the following visitor guidelines are in place at all Western OB/GYN clinic locations due to the progression of coronavirus (COVID-19).
All patients will be screened for symptoms and COVID-19 risk at each visit.
At this time, we are not able to allow any visitors – including children of our patients – at Western OB/GYN clinics. The following exceptions for visitors will be allowed (visitors must be 18 years of age or older and healthy and will be screened for fever and signs of illness upon arrival [support/visitors who screen positive are not allowed]):
- One support person can accompany you to your first OB ultrasound visit.
- One support person can accompany you on your infertility work-up appointment.
- For pediatric patients (less than 18 years of age) – one legal guardian only. No other children permitted.
- Patients who require assistance because of developmental disabilities, physical disabilities or limitations, or cognitive impairment where the consistent presence of the visitor is necessary to reduce the risk of medical or clinical harm may have a designated support person (considered the 1 visitor) accompany the patient.
- Support person is considered the 1 visitor exception if that person is legally authorized to make decisions for the patient, whether by operation of a durable power of attorney (DPOA) or conservatorship, or in the role of a surrogate decision-maker as recognized by the care provider team for patients who lack decisional capacity.
- Required to wear a cloth face mask or appropriate PPE as directed at all times or asked to remain in the patient’s room for duration of the visit or designated area. May leave for a break but should not come and go more than once during the visit.
- Vendors, contractors, suppliers deliveries necessary for business are allowed to enter and not considered visitors but must check-in and be screened.
Obstetrics, Pediatrics and Neonatal Care Units: (NCU)
- The Birthing Center, Pediatrics and NCU do not have restricted visiting hours
- Birthing Center – one support person (spouse or partner) and a doula/life experience coach is allowed in addition to one support person.
- Exceptions are made in obstetrics for confirmed COVID-19 or symptomatic patients suspected of having COVID-19.
- For pediatric patients (less than 18 years of age) – two parents or legal guardians only. No other children permitted.
- For NCU – Guardians are welcome at all times and not considered visitors. No other children permitted.
Visitors must not remove any supplies or equipment from a Western OB/GYN facility.